Győr, Kossuth Lajos street 9.
The first calvinist church in Újvárros was built in1784, the parish that is still used today was built in the place of the “Red Ox” inn in the middle of the 19th century. The new church, built in 1906, with 776 seats became the centre of the Calvinist community of Győr.
The building was designed by an architect with local roots, Károly Csányi and Győző Czigler, and realised by builder Lajos Káldy. The church wears the signs of late historicism, its mass is strongly fragmented. Its interior is gives a unified impression, its huge hall is decorated by simple gothic motives. Its longitudinal layout is closed by an octagon-shaped apse, the star decorating the top of the tall tower can be seen from far.
Pastors: Tamás Wágner and Zsuzsanna Pálfi